October 27, 2009

Introduction

Hi, my name is Susan. I'm a undergraduate at UC Berkeley who loves art, science, fashion, and languages. Right around the time I started college, I discovered a new passion: baking! It all began with my introduction to a site called Tastespotting...

After I was dazzled by gorgeous photos of cookies, cakes, and every other type of dessert out there, I realized that baking was my type of hobby. The precision needed for following recipes appealed to my inner perfectionist. The designing of the aesthetic look of the product thrilled the artist in me. The wide availability of new recipes from all over the world satisfied my need for novelty. And the calmness that overcomes me from the moment I begin a recipe to the end provides me with a way to relieve all the stress from school and life, a form of meditation.

Ever since I started baking, I've been tempted to start a blog to document all the recipes I try. For a while, I've been posting pictures of my food on Livejournal and Facebook, but just posting pictures alone only documents half of the baking process. Finally, I decided to take the leap and start a food blog!

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from your post on tastespotting. I just read through your posts - Thank-you for sharing all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting it! I'm super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give you props for taking the time to create this blog. I too have a passion for baking that revved up by tastespotting.com! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy school/life schedule to create such an awesome blog. Even with tutorials! It takes a very dedicated person to keep a blog going on for this long. Please keep up the great work and I look forwards to more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your studies! I am a medical student that is just starting up a blog on school, food and day to day life. You're site is adorable! Good luck again with medical school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable blog! so many nice ideas!
    thank you very much!
    I have just seen all your posts!
    Compliments!

    ReplyDelete