December 27, 2010

Christmas Domo

Hope you're all having/had a wonderful holiday break! Today I have a quick post to start off my holiday cookie blogging. It's a twist on my Domo TKOs... a tutorial for Christmas Domos :). But, the main point of this post is to give you all a preview of all the cookies I made for Christmas, which I'll be blogging about in the next few posts.


Here is the cartoonized version of my Christmas cookie list. An actual picture of all the cookies is posted at the bottom of this post.
While I was making these Domo cookies, I realized that by adding different hats, they can be used for all sorts of occasions (sort of like Kirby in Super Smash Bros after sucking up different characters). Change the red hat to green and you have Elf Domo. Change the white cotton on top to a pom pom and add polka dots and you have Birthday Domo. A blue hat with stars makes Wizard Domo. Add the year and you have New Years Domo. Think of all the possibilities :D!


Decorating Christmas Domos
Domo TKOs
white chocolate


Pre-Baking: Follow the instructions for shaping the dough on my previous post. Before cutting the dough, take some of the red dough and form a long triangular prism and place it on top of the rest of the shaped dough. Round the corners of the dough log. When you slice the dough, each Domo will have a red triangle on its head.

Post-Baking: Follow the instructions for the face from the previous Domo post. To decorate the Santa hat, melt white chocolate. Use a toothpick to cover where the brown and red dough touch to make the brim of the hat. Then make a small circle on the top point of the triangle to make a pom pom.

23 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! These are really awesome cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, Liyita, Sara, Daylightful, Mr. P: Thank you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww... adorable! I made some too, but mine didn't turn out as cute as yours :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so adorable! You've got skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute domos! and what an awesome holiday treat box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, Chelsea, sugarswings: Thank you!

    D O M O !: Domo fan I see :P. I'm sure yours are still very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy. Lo. & The Food Hunter: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too awesome! I love your ingeniousness and your photos are so enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long should we bake them for? They are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twist really comes out with an extra ordinary Domos....I just love to make these in the upcoming Christmas and also planning to involve this recipe in my casual parties..

    ReplyDelete
  11. These chocolate stuff are real fun and the way these presented is simply outstanding....these are one of the finest baking recipes of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appreciate the recommendation! Let me try it out.
    Keep working ,great job!
    Awesome post
    www.pizza-sellyoak.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this post on holiday cookie blog. Its amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful
    info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete